The Center for Peace is a multifaceted social enterprise that is operated out of Perpetual Help Home. The Center for Peace work training program is designed for the women learn entrepreneurship, business, computer and office skills, helping them to become more marketable when searching for employment. The many functions of the Center are designed to enrich and impact our community as well as the lives of the women who live at the home.
The Center provides training to churches, businesses, and organizations:
- Opportunity Knocks - Basic Job Skills Training
- Acceleration Program - Advanced Job Skills Training
- Freedom Capital Venture - Small Business Training and Business Launching
- Wholistic Community Development Training
- Language of Shalom - Practical Reconciliation Training
- Powerlift - Training on how to replicate a platform-based social enterprise
- 40-hour Basic Mediation Training
- Conflict Resolution Training
For the business training we use manuals provided by Microsoft Office Training: Expert MS Office training in London and UK wide by Mouse Training. http://www.mousetraining.co.uk
Skills taught at the Center for Peace: Business Professionalism • Entrepreneurship • Marketing • Organization and Multitasking • Outreach Ministries • Microsoft Word • Power Point • Excel • Quick Books • Publisher • Proficiency in typing • How to effectively operate internet and email • Business Management • Public Speaking • Experience in setting up trainings and also participating as a trainer • Hands on training in a non-profit
The Center also has five Restorative Justice Outreach Ministries supported by the volunteer efforts of the women of Perpetual Help Home to give back to the community.
What We've Achieved
- Launched two successful businesses: Stella's Sassy Salsa and Luna Juice Bar.
- Propelling and enriching the lives of women through education including successfully graduating women into professional positions.